2016 School Fair
Washington Convention Center
2:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Click here for Student & Family Registration.
Click here for School & Vendor Booth Registration.
The Black Student Fund’s commitment to bringing independent schools and black families together led to the creation of the Annual School Fair in 1972. The Fair quickly became an effective student venue and continues to be one of the largest school fairs of its kind in the region.
For forty years, the Black Student Fund’s Annual School Fair has provided a networking opportunity for thousands of families in the metropolitan area to meet with representatives from more than sixty independent schools. Parents and prospective students get first-hand knowledge about each school’s programs, community, admissions requirements and financial aid process. In addition, the fair features interactive seminars focused on the admissions process, the financial aid process and personal/family financial management.
School Fair Workshop/Activities
- Independent School Admissions & Social Adjustments – The Latino Student Fund
- Going to College Without Going Broke – Lisa Ward, Founder and CEO of the Scholarship Center, Inc,
- Testing and the Admissions Process – Linda Fleming McGhee, J.D., Psy.D.
- Financial Matters for Education – Mark Baker, Independent Financial Professional
- Celebrating and Educating Students with Learning Differences in Independent Schools – BSF and LSF Schools
- Independent School to HBCU: A Student Panel
- Student Reflections on Learning Chinese
- The Boarding School Experience – BSF and LSF Member Schools
- Film Screening: American Promise
- Author Gaelle Pierre-Louis 1200 Words For The SSAT and ISEE
Since 2009, the Latino Student Fund (LSF) has collaborated with BSF on the event in an effort to increase Latino student enrollment at local independent schools. The BSF/LSF School Fair, one of the oldest in the region, is held at the Washington, D.C. Convention Center each fall and attendance averages 4,500 people.
To learn more about LSF visit www.latinostudentfund.org
For sponsorship opportunities, contact Walter Allen at firstname.lastname@example.org or (202) 387-1414.